At Joseph Ketner Construction, we know you want to be a savvy homeowner and need confidence that your investment is protected with attractive and durable exterior products. Having your home in disrepair is frustrating, and finding a contractor you can trust is stressful.
We believe it should be easy, and that’s why for nearly 20 years we’ve helped hundreds of homeowners in the Portland area protect, enhance and, ultimately, love the new look of their homes.
We will guide you every step of the way with clear pricing and communication, while providing a professional and personalized experience. Your questions will be answered, options will be discussed, and you will be assured that your home is truly protected with quality products that enhance its beauty for years to come!
We have the knowledge and experience to guarantee you a successful project. Joe has been improving Portland area homes for nearly 20 years; his reputation speaks for itself.
Green Company Initiative
You can feel good about your home remodeling project with Joseph Ketner Construction. We make every effort to be a sustainable company. Remodeling and upgrading your existing home is inherently more efficient and much less wasteful than new construction. At JKC, we take it further than this, because we believe in reducing our impact on the planet. This means careful planning from the very beginning to prevent unnecessary waste, conserve energy, and be more efficient. This also means keeping you informed of how being sustainable can benefit you and save you money. Some of the ways that JKC prioritizes sustainability:
- We recycle wood and metal products whenever possible.
- We use high-quality, lifetime-rated caulking and paint products to reduce future maintenance cycles.
- We partner with EnergyTrust of Oregon to provide incentives for upgrading and making your home more efficient through insulation and window replacement.
- We use sustainable products whenever possible.
- Window and insulation replacements meet or exceed the energy requirements required for federal tax credits and EnergyTrust cash rebates.
Joseph Ketner Construction maintains:
- Perfect Better Business Bureau A+ ratings
- Angie’s Super Service Awards 2019, 2018, 2017, 2016, 2015 & 2014
- Clean Oregon CCB record
- NARI (National Association of Remodeling Industry) Membership
- ORA (Oregon Remodeling Association) Membership
- Lead Paint and EPA Licensing and follows all EPA guidelines in safe practices
- Our team has over 30 years of combined remodeling experience.
- We are proud to be a James Hardie Preferred Remodeler; a designation given to less than 1% of national siding companies.
- Check our 5 Star Reviews and see what people have to say about us on Google, Guild Quality, Angie’s List, Facebook, Houzz, Next Door, Yelp and more.
- We offer a 20 Year Workmanship Warranty on labor, backed with manufacturer’s warranties on all materials.
- Have confidence in your decision, when you choose design services.
- Our spectrum of Exterior Remodeling includes siding, roofing and windows, but did you know we can add paint, gutters, insulation, doors, and custom craftsman details, porticos and decking?
Joseph Ketner – Owner/Operator
At the end of the day what matters most to Joe is the clients’ satisfaction and this is apparent in all that he does. His goal is “to help everyone have the best possible outcome.” Twenty years of experience in remodeling has given him vast knowledge and valuable insight. This practiced experience and professionalism is applied to every project and makes him stand out as a leader in the industry. You’ll find Joe’s no-pressure sales approach authentic and refreshing, and his laid-back demeanor stress-free. Joe takes your trust seriously and is committed to your satisfaction.
Joe began installing siding in his youth and sharpened his skills while building custom homes in the 1990s. He explored both interior and exterior remodeling but found his love of the outdoors coincided with exterior remodeling. Protecting homes from the harsh Pacific Northwest elements became his specialty. Following a passion for growth, he obtained his contracting license in 2001 and developed a business homeowners can rely on. Joe finds everyday satisfaction in meeting your needs while insuring optimum results — adding life, beauty and protection to your home investment.
Did you know?
After hours, you can find Joe researching both business and personal growth or hiding out at the mountain, cycling trails and spending time with his new tiny family members.
Brenda – Director and Coordinator
Planning, coordinating and connecting the team is what Brenda does best. She has an extensive background in construction, and over 30 years’ experience in small business operations. “Connecting and building relationships” is core to her life philosophy, and she brings a genuine love of the business to work every day. Her strength is in communications, and you’ll see it utilized with frequent project updates and guided expectations. She will take care of you through completion.
Brenda began building and remodeling with her husband in 1999. Together, they traveled around the world building, educating and offering humanitarian support in the nonprofit sector. This experience led Brenda to obtain her contractor’s license and continue to grow in management. She teamed with Joseph to bring structured admin support, strategic business planning and expand marketing opportunities. Expect Brenda to lead with professional integrity — treating you and your home with the upmost care.
Did you know?
After hours you can find Brenda chasing after her 8 grandchildren, or traveling the globe making memories. In a rare quiet moment she loves to listen to audio self-development books.
“Supporting small business growth feeds my entrepreneur nature, while cultivating close client relationships,” Brenda says. “I thrive in positive and progressive environments.”
Petra – Design Lead and Assistant Project Manager
The love of arts led Petra into the design field where she is dedicated to learning the trade. Envisioning the finished project through your eyes is her goal, and she continually guides homeowners through the process. Petra assists with design concepts and follows the project with constant communication and consultation. Know you’re making good decisions and increasing the value of your home while upgrading with quality products and tasteful design. You will find Petra fun and informative, responsive, and completely dedicated to her work.
Petra was a young artist raised by tradesmen which led her passion in home design. She began art schooling in 2008 and developed an extensive understanding of visual arts, theory, color, paint and feng shui. She has worked with homeowners and top builders and on some of the oldest historic sites in the Portland metro area. Petra joined Joseph Ketner Construction, bringing design and color consultation services along with project management support. She loves collaborating and is committed to the success of every project.
Did you know?
After hours, you’ll find Petra meddling in mixed media arts and going to live theater and concerts. She loves venturing into backcountry, searching for serene camping and hiking getaways.
“I love design because it’s always changing,” Petra says. “It lends itself to progressive ways of thinking, and new ideas. There’s always room to improvise.”